Fabric Collage – Quilt Art: Another step closer
Posted 12 September 2008on:
I took the plunge today. I decided to work on my Landscape Quilt. I had emailed Ionne during the summer for some assistance on how to finish it. She was a great help. This lady truly inspires me.
I had kept all the pieces I needed together… but somehow I misplaced the black tulle. I couldn’t believe this… after finally getting up the gumption to do this quilt, I was going to be waylaid by not having the importance piece. I opened a tote box, wondering if I had put it in there (I don’t remember, or could think of why I would), as it was, it wasn’t in there – BUT! there was an extra piece… oh my luck! Away we go.
I used the grey Invisifil thread on the top, and a clear monofilament nylon thread on the bottom. I used this combination on my “Beading Experiment”, and thought it worked well. I then dropped the feed dogs, put on the darning foot, and off I went. The rhythm of free-motion quilting is very therapeutic.
In my first post about this project, I had decided on a border treatment. I since have changed my mind. I started to feel that adding a border to this piece would take away from it. So instead, I will be binding it, with a black marbled/mottled fabric. I think the small edge that the binding adds, will be a nice finish to it. But then of course, my hubby suggested maybe I should just frame it. Hmmm… Perhaps a visit to the local frame shop to find out the cost may be in order.
Here is my Fabric Collage – Landscape quilt… another step closer to be completed.