My List of 10 UFO items – updated 22 February 2010
Posted 22 February 2010on:
On Quilting Friends an online community, one of the members issued a challenge – now the details are a little fuzzy, but basically to list 10 UFO items, and complete them before starting any other projects.
It has been several months since I’ve updated my list… and a few projects have come and gone, so were never added. So I’m working on a few now. Some were from classes/demonstrations from my quilt guild. And some are just ones I’m doing.
Some of the items on the list are not really UFO’s, but WIPs, but they do need to be done too.
Current List of 10 UFO items
- My very first quilt (when I was 9 years old): fix, size, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Curve Play quilt: piece 24 blocks completed, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Bear’s Paw quilt (Oldest DD): 6/6 blocks completed, borders, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Intertwined Squares: pieced, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Beading Experiment: piece, sandwich, bead, quilted, bind, label, post pic
- Flight (Bargello #2): piece, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Fast Scrappy Quilt: piece, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Christmas Attic Window: piece, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Strip-quilt – blocks, border, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
- Scrappy Snow-ball quilt: blocks, border, sandwich, quilt, bind, label, post pic
COMPLETED QUILTS removed from the “10 UFO Items” List
- 25th Anniversary Quilt – Entwining Love COMPLETED August 2009
- Flutterbys: COMPLETED February 2009
- Landscape Quilt – Winter Sunrise over Bayne’s Sound: COMPLETED! February 2009
- Mystery Quilt Star Bright: COMPLETED! 12 February 2008
- There’s a Dog on My Quilt: COMPLETED – 21 February 2008
- Stained Glass Rose Wallhanging – Rose, where did you get that red: COMPLETED! 12 March 2008
- Mom’s Red-work Cat Quilt – Gotta Love Cats: COMPLETED – 05 Sept 2008
- Sunflower placemats: COMPLETED – 20 August 2008
- Community Charity Quilt: COMPLETED!
Looking at the list this way, it breaks down the project, and makes the goals of completion seem more achievable. I’m looking over the list, and realize that they are achievable… except, that how I envision them being quilted, and my current quilting level of experience don’t quite match. I think I will have to work on that this year.
GOAL FOR 2010 – Practice quilting techniques, and find motifs that are of interest!
Have you updated your List of 10 lately? And what is your goal for 2010?